HypnoBirthing is as much a philosophy as it is a technique. It is a rewarding, relaxing, stress-free method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy.
When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally and spiritually, she can experience that sort of joy, birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable. and often, even pain-free, manner.
Through a well-thought-out program of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualisation, affirmations, and education, HypnoBirthing returns to a woman the art of birthing in a way that allows her to summon her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby in safety and with ease.
HypnoBirthing is based on the belief that severe discomfort does not need to be a natural accompaniment of birthing when a woman is properly prepared and trusts her birthing body.
The HypnoBirthing Advantage:
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Reduces, and often eliminates, the need for chemical anaesthesia, episiotomy and other interventions.
- Lessens fatigue during labor, leaving the mother fresh, awake. and energised as she brings her baby into the world.
- Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labor by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilise the natural pulsations of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time. Reduces risk of pelvic floor damage.
- Brings the mother, the baby, and the birthing companion together in a wonderful prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal bonding experience.
- The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Babies are better adjusted and happier, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines.
- Mothers don't run the risk of hyperventilating from shallow breathing.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful, peaceful experience that Nature intended